Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Saturday, September 3, 2011

Actor’s first workout

Prachi Desai: My first workout was painful because I was not accustomed to straining my body. In fact, I needed a lot of motivation to go back the next day. According to me, fitness is the ability to be able to do things without huffing and puffing.
Esha Deol: My first workout was awkward. My friend persuaded me for six months and finally dragged me to gym. I didn’t really like the fact of working out amidst so many people. And since I am an introvert, I was also very conscious. But in the end I ended up enjoying my time at the gym. Today, however, I'm addicted to my workouts.
Celina Jaitley: I come from an Army background and fitness has always been very important to my fourth generation military family. In fact, my whole family is into fitness. My first workout was at the time when I participated in Miss India where workouts are compulsory. I remember I had to run on the treadmill and do weights.
Ameesha Patel: I don’t remember my first workout because I have been physically active for a long time. Since school, I was into sports — from hockey to basketball to badminton to squash. I am also a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
Amrita Rao: I started working out at the age of 19. My first workout was with Shervir, who trained me for my first film Ab Ke Baras. He would make me do dumbbells for my arms and shoulders and also sit-ups. He never made me do crunches because I never needed to. I became conscious about my fitness after watching Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai win the International beauty pageants. I was in school then and every girl wanted to be Miss World and Miss Universe. I remember, like all my peers, I was also very fascinated by both of them