Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ek, Do, Teen recreated by DJ Aqeel for Ameesha


Ameesha Patel's pet project, 'Desi Magic', will see a recreation of the 1980s hit track Ek, Do, Teen. The film will mark the debut of DJ Aqeel as a music composer in Bollywood. Sung by ShreyaGhoshal, the new version of the song is said to sound young, at the same time retaining the essence of the 80s.

Ameesha says, "We tried to recreate that song for several months, but were not satisfied. Aqeel's version grabbed our attention and we decided to go ahead. It sounds very clubby and will go down very well with the Punjabi girl that I play."

Producer Kunal Goomer adds, "Shreya's rendition has lent it some naughtiness. In fact, she also sung a slow number that has been composed by Lalit Pandit." DJ Aqeel is happy with his work so far. He says, "I knew I could deliver, but neither did I go to anyone nor did any filmmaker approach me. So, when Ameesha and Kunal gave me an opportunity, I agreed. I am happy to be making my debut as a music director."