Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Saturday, July 27, 2013

Music director DJ Aqeel composed 3 tracks in Desimagic

Once wanting to be a pilot, DJAqeel is now making his Bollywood debut. In town to perform at a party, Aqeel reveals his plans

Silver screen beckons
I am making my Bollywood debut as a music composer very soon," says the DJ. "The film for which I am composing music is Desi Magic. Actress Ameesha Patel is producing this movie. Though I have a good music sense and people love grooving on my remixes in clubs, but composing music for a film was a difficult task for me. When I met Ameesha she told me that she just wanted three tracks for the film in my own style. That sounded easy and I agreed to give music for the film," says Aqeel.



Kishore Da is the best
Aqeel's fondness for Kishore Kumar songs is very evident as most of his remixes are of the legendary singer. "I have always loved the songs of Kishore Da. He was not only a versatile singer, his singing had a uniqueness which none of the singers of that time had. Be it his Dil Kya Kare, Chalte Chalte or Pyar Manga Hai, I have remixed so many of his songs. All these remixes gained a lot of popularity because they provided music lovers with a melodious combination of Kishore Da's songs with a packaging of present day club music. But one thing I would like to clear here is that remixing Kishore Da's is one of the most difficult thing for any DJ because the songs of those times were slow and remixing it with fast music, is no easy job," says the DJ.

My dream was to fly
Deejaying was not Aqeel's first love, he reveals. "I wanted to be a commercial pilot initially but when I started thinking about it seriously I became scared. And that made me think of music. I started to play music occasionally at friend's parties which they used to love. They would often suggest that I take up the hobby seriously and that's how I became a DJ by default. Now, music gives me a high," reminisces Aqeel.