Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Certain critics have loads of free time to think of me: Ameesha

Ameesha Patel and her business partner Kuunal Goomer, who recently announced the cast of their maiden home production, Desi Magic, are happy with the way their team is getting along

The film's stars Zayed Khan and model-turned-actor Sahil Shroff are buddies in real life, so the teamwork is amazing. As Ameesha knows both of them personally, she is more like a friend than a producer to them. It's just a matter of days before the film goes on the floors.

Says a source, `A 50-day non-stop schedule has been planned for Budapest and Venice and later in Punjab. Ameesha is presently busy for a month with her next release Shortcut Romeo opposite Neil Nitin Mukesh. She's playing a strong character and is looking forward to the way her career is shaping up.`


When asked about her busy schedule nowadays Ameesha states, `I hope my critics read this. There are two ways to look at my career. One way is to see Ameesha still trying to get back and desperate.

But the positive way of seeing it is Ameesha who was busy focussing on her personal issues or relationship is back in business with a bang, whether it's doing a special appearance in Race 2 or my strong lead character with Neil in Shortcut Romeo or with my favourite actor Sunny Deol in Bhaiyyaji Superhit which also goes on floors in August or wearing the producer's hat for my own home production Desi Magic.

So I guess it's how one takes it.`

Ameesha also likes doing films outside her own banner along with her brand endorsements. Her sunglasses brand Glamstar has created a stir.  


She clarifies `I think certain sections of critics have loads of free time to think of me which makes me laugh. I am currently on hoardings and ads all over besides my TVC with the Gitanjali brand.

I guess I am very happy with my current phase in life and couldn't have asked for more from God. The well-wishers in my life, who stood by me and my films in the past that have created history, have also been a big reason for my career.`