Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ameesha Patel's all set for Cannes outing

Ameesha Patel is leaving no stone unturned to ensure that her first Cannes outing is nothing short of perfect. Her next Shortcut Romeo, which also stars Neil Nitin Mukesh and Puja Gupta, will be premiering at the international film festival.

The film, directed by Susi Ganesh, will be screened at French Riviera on May 22. On her part, Ameesha has roped in good friend and designer Manish Malhotra to design an outfit to fit the occasion.

She says, "It is a huge honour for me to be representing our cinema at Cannes. I am not going there as a brand ambassador. I am going there for my movie and that is a big deal. Manish and I have decided that since I am representing the country on a global platform, it would be perfect to be dressed in something that's truly desi. Nothing looks better on an Indian woman than a sari or lehenga. I have to walk the red carpet in the morning and the premiere is at night, so there will be two outfits."

Elaborating on the outfit, Manish says, "Keeping in mind Ameesha's complexion and personality,we have given her something very Indian, yet red-carpetish. Black and white, being classic colo

urs, have been incorporated in her outfit that is high on Kashmiri and Chikankari work. We have also kept in mind the summer trends internationally." 
Add caption