Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It’s good to be 'bad' for a change: Ameesha Patel

“This is amongst my most memorable birthdays, as I am chilling out with talented kids even as we are promoting my latest movie Shortcut Romeo which has Neil Nitin Mukesh as my lead co-star and has chartbusting songs by Himesh Reshammiya,” gushed birthday-girl Ameesha Patel. The petite Patel appeared ‘rejuvenated’ as she shed her starry protocol and freely mingled and danced with young budding artists at a fund-raising educational charity ‘Child Art Exhibition’ event at a Vile Parle venue. 

“Whenever I have celebrated my birthday during the making of my movie as in Gadar and Race-2, it has always proved ‘maha’ lucky for me. So I am hoping this time too, it will be a mascot  as well,” shrugs the articulate Ameesha who also has a flair for ‘sketching’ . Curiously enough, in Shortcut Romeo while ravishing Puja Gupta plays the lovey-dovey glamour-puss, Ameesha seems excited having played a coquettish role with negative shades. Clarifies the svelte actress, “It was a creative challenge for me to play a shrewd woman who is an antagonist in Shortcut Romeo. In fact, I take it as a compliment, that ‘showman’ director Sasi Ganeshan had the confidence that I could ‘defy’ my goody-goody positive image. From behind the mask of innocence, I unleash my devious wicked true colours. After this I would be seen playing a ‘double role’ in my home production Desi Magic,” reveals Ameesha.

Would this suspense musical thriller Shortcut Romeo, a stylised Bollywood remake of a Southside regional movie connect with today’s hard-to-please Hindi cinegoers ?
She is quick with her repartee response. “Definitely. Because almost everyone these days, is looking for a ‘shortcut’ to quick romance, fast money and instant fame. Rarely does anyone have the patience for perseverance. The recent IPL tamasha is an ideal example of a shortcut attempt to make a fast buck,” chuckles Ameesha who has always been a staunch die-hard fan of the ‘late’ maestro-singer Jagjit Singh’s ghazals.