Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

'Loving every minute of being single'--Ameesha

Bollywood actress Ameesha Patel, who was recently spotted at the screening of Break Ke Baad,  spoke about her relationship with ex Kanav Puri and life after 'Break Ke Baad'.

What did you think of Break Ke Baad?

I quite liked it. It was sweet. Also Danish (Aslam, the director) has worked as an assistant on my film with Kunal (Kohli), so I wish him the best. Both Deepika and Imran are good in the film. I feel a lot of people might identify with the relationship between their characters. There are some moments in the film that real-life couples will relate to.

Did you relate to Deepika's character who puts her career above love in the film?

Not really. I don't think there is anything similar between the two of us. Things didn't work out between Kanav and me because of certain reasons. There aren't any parallels between the film and my life.

Recently, there were reports that you attended Kanav's b'day bash...

People have asked me this multiple times. But it isn't true. I had gone for my friend Kunal's birthday. He looks similar to Kanav, so people thought it was him. Kanav is in London and I haven't spoken to him in months.

Are you friends with Kanav after the break-up?

Well, I wouldn't say friends, but we aren't enemies either. The break up was mutual so there isn't any bad blood between us. He did call a while back congratulating me on an award I had won. But we aren't in touch on a regular basis.

So you are enjoying your single girl life?

I am loving every minute of being single. Life has been good post break up and I have nothing to complain about. We all go through situations in life that are challenging, but eventually everything works out for the best.