Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Friday, August 19, 2011

I don't belong to any camp: Ameesha Patel

Stunning as ever, Ameesha speaks exclusively to zoOm about her friendship with the Dutts, Khans, and of course, 'supposed' friend, Kangna

On her role reversal...
The industry went through a phase where a woman was nothing but a showpiece. It was all about 'Hit-the-gym', 'Get-into-a-bikini' and that became your role. I didn't want to do those roles. So it was for my passion for cinema and the will to do something different, that I turned to production.

On Salman helping with her new venture (production house)...
Not at all. Salman and I are only social friends and he's a well-wisher. But he didn't motivate me to start my production house. That's a rumor.

On casting Hrithik in her home-production...
If my directors feel that he even fits the role for a cameo, I'd love to approach him and cast him in my films. In the past, Hrithik and I have shared one of the best screen chemistry.

On industry camps...
I haven't been smart enough to attach myself to camps. I've done films with everyone - Ajay, Salman, Sanjay and Hrithik. But I don't really belong to any of their camps. Sure, they are friends, but I don't see myself as the part of their camps.

On being the odd-one-out...
Well, I wish I'd more knowledge about the industry when I was a newcomer. I was 'the outsider', because I came from a political and business background. Hrithik, Abhishek, Kareena, Esha, Fardeen...all of them were industry kids. They had a head start.

On her supposed 'friendship' with Kangna...
I don't know her at all. I think our supposed 'rift' was something she spoke about, printed and created for herself. I guess, sometimes people do things they don't realize, which turns out to be silly, for their own publicity. Recently, at Maanyata's birthday bash, Kangna was nowhere around and I was the one cutting the cake with her. "

To watch Ameesha's exclusive interview, tune in to B Tonite on Friday, August19 at 10pm, only on zoOm - India's No.1 Bollywood channel.