Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ameesha Patel Confirmed in Race 2


Ameesha Patel will be seen in her sexiest avatar in Ramesh Taurani's " Race 2". The film, that goes on the floors this year, is the sequel to the 2008 release. 

The cast will also include Deepika Padukone, John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha and Anil Kapoor. She tells us more...

How does it feel to be part of a successful franchise like "Race"? 
It feels phenomenal. It's a great feeling. "Race 2" is a big film to be associated with. This year has been amazing for me, from turning producer to going back to working with Abbas-Mustan. I am also thrilled to be working with Saif after "Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic". The sequel is steamier, racier, and with more twists and turns.

How did this role come to you? 
I've worked with Abbas-Mustan and Ramesh Taurani before. Since I have a great working relationship with the entire team, it was something that I accepted in a heartbeat.

Tell us about your character. 
I play a super sexy, glamorous girl. I can't reveal much, but this is definitely one of the most exciting roles I have done.

How are you preparing for it? 
Luckily, I have been in great shape, but I plan to continue working out and don't want to compromise on my fitness. I will follow the director's vision and adhere to the kind of look they want from me. I also have a strict diet with my workout schedule.

You are sharing screen with Deepika Padukone and Sonakshi Sinha. Will there be friction on the sets? 
Not at all. We get along like a house on fire. I am very friendly with Sonakshi as I have met her at Salman's place a couple of times. Deepika is someone I am looking forward to work with. We will have a great time and it is a superb star cast. I will be sharing most of my scenes with the girls, so there is a lot of anticipation and excitement.

Are you apprehensive about having to wear skimpy outfits? 
Not at all. I fully trust Abbas-Mustan. We have worked together in the past, so I have full faith in them. Even during "Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic", I was thrilled with the response I got to the "Lazy Lamhe" song. I don't have any inhibitions for the role.

What is happening on your production front? 
There's a lot happening. There are projects planned with David Dhawan and Priyadarshan. Also, Kunal (Goomer) has been a great support with his amazing business sense. He's a trustworthy partner and we have some amazing things lined up.