Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ameesha’s beloved grandmum passes away


The Patel household is in a state of shock. Ameesha and Ashmit Patel lost their paternal grandmother on Thursday night. Ameesha’s grandmother Susheela Patel breathed her last at 10.30 pm, after suffering from a prolonged illness. The entire family rushed the next morning to attend to her last rites.

Ameesha was very close to her grandmother. She used to spend a lot of quality time with her and would often take her out too. Having suffered from a chequered equation with her parents, whom she once accused of embezzling her career earnings, Ameesha was rather close to her grandmother.

Her patch-up with her parents last December could well have been her grandmother’s doing. This therefore is a big loss for the actor.

Her sibling, a grieving Ashmit Patel, said, “She had been bedridden for the past couple of years due to a car accident she suffered in 2005. She was extremely alert, intuitive and full of life. In her last 10 days, she suffered a lot.

But she passed away peacefully on Thursday night. She was very close both to my sister and me. It’s quite a shock for us. More so for my sister because she had taken care of her single-handedly for the past five-six years.”

Incidentally Ameesha was shooting in Hyderabad for a Telegu film when she heard the news. She rushed to Pune immediately to attend to the last rites, accompanied with her recently-reconciled mother. 

Her Response on twitter I'm sorry . My grandma just died. I can't tweet for few days. I'm heartbroken. I'm very low n shattered. At the airport in pune. Just cremated my grandma.flew early this morn to mumbai n then pune.Got a call at 12 last nite that my most precious grandma is no more.. Thank u for all the condolence messages. Means a lot to me.I have to be back to my shoot early tomorw morning. I don't know how I will focus. This is the worst day of my life. But thanks for all love.This is part of life. I knew with her age it could happen anytime. Just kept praying she will live till 100. I loved her the most in d world.Thanks everyone for sharing my pain n being w me in this hard time. I will nevr forget all the sweet tweets ull sent me. Ull hav bkum family.hat's y I shared this tragedy. God bless her soul. She is in a betr place. Hope she rests in peace.I'm v low n upset n broken. I loved my grandma the most.my grandma was a radiant sweet n v pure person. Highly educated n v cultured. A real angel. N v honest.yes my grandma n I had an unexplainable bond. Unconditional love both ways. She was too precious. She was huge influence on me.  I will perform well bkos my grandma wud want that.I'm so happy atleast I cud see her yestrday before the body was cremated.I was glad to b able to kiss her feet n face n hug her before she left for heaven.she is an angel. she was my everything. Most precious. She will b in my heart forever