Clic to Watch DesiMagic Teaser


Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fashion her way

No matter what brand she sports, no matter what designer outfit she flaunts, no matter how she does her hair, what accessory she carries, Amisha Patel's design sense never seems to go down well with the fashion critics. However, this does not deter this gossamer skin actor to wear her heart on her dresses.

"Fashion means different things to different people. What is stylish to you could be absolutely absurd to me and vice versa. Apart from this, each one of us has a different body type and shape, which cannot be ignored," says Amisha, another celebrity entrant at the Jack and Jones store.

So, how does this Kaho Na Pyaar tag lady define fashion? "Something that I am comfortable in. I like brands but this does not mean I follow them outlandishly." She adds, "I am more of an accessory person. Bags are my first love, and I have loads of them in all sizes and shapes. I also look at denims as a good investment. Team it up with casual tee or anything formal as per the occasion."

From fashion to films, why are we not seeing a lot of Amisha Patel? She smiles, "I have always done films people stopped me from doing. I was asked why was I doing Honeymoon Travels, Humraaz or for that matter Gadar. I went ahead and did what I felt was right," offers Amisha who simply adores the cool, peppy and affordable Jack and Jones.

The lady wants to add that she is not part of the rat race in Bollywood. "I work because it gives me satisfaction. Despite the huge budgets involved, the movies still lack a quality projection of roles," she says while sharing the names of her upcoming projects, Run Bhola Run with Govinda and Chatur Singh.

Before she signs off one last query - rumours and how she deals with what is written on her. "I don't care. I have consciously detached myself from what people write about me. I read newspapers though. I don't want people to think actors know nothing," she smiles.
- The Tribune, Chandigarh, India